Over the past few weeks, I’ve been keeping a fairly low profile, by my standards.
I’ve found myself simply enjoying the city and planning for the excitement to come — My calendar between now and August 1st is getting so full that I’ve taken some time to nap, recharge and watch some playoff hockey.
But, between napping, I have had some fun — going up the tallest building in Australia
And finding my Birthday Tree! (As you may recall, my dad sponsored a tree in my name for one year in the Royal Botanical Gardens here in Melbourne)
Because this is a shorter post, I want to give you a sense of what’s on my schedule in the coming months (Get ready for some more exciting posts with lots of pictures!)
- Most importantly, Ari is HERE!!
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Daintree Rainforest & Cape Tribulation
- Kakadu National Park
- Litchfield and the jumping crocs of Adelaide River
- Crocosaurus Cove! – Where I’ll be entering ‘The Cage of Death’ to swim with a crocodile (I have an adoration for crocs that I’ll get into later)
- And, of course, plunging into the deepest, darkest jungles that Sumatra, Indonesia have to offer
Just typing the list above gives me such gratitude. I can’t believe all of this is on the horizon!
To end, I’d like to share some random thoughts I’ve had:
- Since it’s release, I think I’ve listened to, or watched, ‘This is America’ by Childish Gambino every day — what a moment in music
- I’m still getting over the latest Avengers movie
- I’m desperately doing everything to appease the hockey gods, but, if they aren’t going to smile on my team this year, there isn’t a more long suffering team (and town) than Washington
- Australian Rules Football is rapidly ascending my list of favorite sports to watch
- Westworld is still great, but Billions is probably the best show that gets no love or buzz
- Looks like we have ourselves a hockey series
- All my love and energy is directed to my sister and brother-in-law, who are expecting their first any day now — even though I’m far away, my heart is with you both!